COSTAIN GROUP 21 CLUB
EUROPEAN UNION GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS
- The Costain Group 21 Club (The Club) is an association of members who have worked long-term for the Costain Group. The Club exists to support its members to keep in touch, to attend occasional social events and to facilitate the exchange of members’ news. The Club takes the security of personal data seriously.
- The Club processes limited amounts of members’ personal data for the purpose of keeping members informed about events and news through email or hard copy. The Club also maintains a membership list which is available to all members.
- The Club’s Data Protection Officer is the Membership Secretary, who can be contacted via:
Costain 21 Club,
Vanwall Business Park,
Email: [email protected]
- This privacy notice covers your right to be informed under the European Union General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) as of 25th May 2018. You also have right of access to your data held by the Club.
- The Club holds the following personal data:
Costain location when joining the Club (if currently employed by Costain)
Other employer/location when joining (if no longer with Costain)
Date of birth
Date joined Costain
Continuous service date if different
Brief description of Costain service.
- All the information held by the Club is that supplied by the individual member at the time of joining or as updated by the member later. No individual’s personal data is collected from third parties.
- Members’ personal data is not sold to any third parties. It is kept solely for the purposes of running and administering the Club. It is means by which the Club contacts its members.
- We believe that these purposes are justified on the basis of our legitimate interests in running and administering the Club.
- Members’ data is not passed to other countries for processing. However, the Costain Group IT system (which hosts the Club website) does currently store some information within the EU. The Costain Group will be returning this data to the UK.
- The Club has a website which is hosted by the Costain Group who provide the security and who are GDPR compliant. The day-to-day management of the website is by the Club Committee which is elected by its members.
- A list of members’ names is available to all members on the website together with email addresses where those have been supplied to the Club by individual members. The membership list is only viewable by a member after he/she has passed through the electronic portal using his/her own password. No other personal information is available to members from the website.
- A hard copy address list is circulated to members who are not on email, annually with the newsletter.
- The Club has no automated decision making.
- The Club takes reasonable actions to ensure that your data is safe. Personal data is stored on the website with a hard copy held securely by the Membership Secretary. Completed hard copies of membership application forms are held securely by the Membership Secretary. The Club intends to move to the position where all personal data is held on the website – members will be informed as this happens.
- Members join the Club for life and therefore data is kept until each member’s death. However, when a member dies, the Club offers the surviving partner the opportunity to continue to receive the Club newsletter, etc. If the surviving partner agrees, the surviving partner’s contact details are added to the database until they request their removed or until the surviving partner’s death.
- Members may leave the Club by advising the Membership Secretary. All their personal data will be deleted at that time.
1. What are cookies?
There is a technology called "cookies" which can be used to provide you with tailored information when visiting the Club website. A cookie is an element of data the website will send to your browser, which will then be stored on your computer. This element of data is a piece of text, not a program. The website can only access the information from a cookie sent by website and it cannot access other cookies sent by other web sites or the information contained there. Additionally, we cannot learn your email address or any other information about you through the use of a cookie.
3. What benefits do I receive from cookies?
4. May I decline to accept a cookie?
You may decline to accept cookies sent by the website by changing the settings of your browser to reject cookies or you can also use the cookie panel to make your choice.
5. Google Analytics